Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Conversations with a 2 year old

My sons are funny! Dylan has developed quite a wit and he makes me laugh all.the.time.

Zachery, well, he just cracks me up constantly.

Our conversation yesterday: We were leaving the Goodwill store, he was buckled in the carseat and I was climbing in the drivers seat....

Zach: "goin' Mommy?"
Mommy: "We're going to have lunch Zach and then go to the library."
Z: "Yay, lunch! Yay, library!"
M: "Are you excited about that Zach?"
Z: "Yes, Mommy, hold my wallet Mommy"
A puzzled look crosses mommy's face, zach doesn't have a wallet. So I glance back in the rearview mirror and see Zach holding a "pretend" wallet in his hand. Okay, that's just cute!
M: "I'm driving Zachery, you hold your wallet right now."
Z: "OK Mommy, put Zach pocket."
I glance back again and see he's putting the pretend wallet in the zippered pocket of his jeans.
Z: "wallet, pocket, close it"
I'm giggling now because of the little narration he's giving himself about zipping up that wallet in his pocket.
M: "Zachery, you are a funny boy. You make Mommy laugh."
Z: very matter-of-factly says.... "I know"

I burst into laughter again....oh yeah, he knows, right?!

No comments: