Friday, September 11, 2009

So what's been going on around here?

Well, a lot, actually!

Dylan got his drivers license.....eeeeeeekkkkk!!!!! He's in his 3rd week of Junior year. Can you even believe that I have an almost 17yro old. I know what you are thinking....I look too good for that, right? Well, thanks, that's so sweet of you. HA! He's also in love ............ with his guitar! Ha, fooled ya! He plays every chance he gets and even plays with the worship team for youth group. That sure makes a mother very proud. He's a great kid....ummmm, I mean young man!
Zachery started preschool.....Mon/Wed 1/2 days right now. He was such a big boy....walked right in, put up his own book bag, sat down and said.... "Bye Mommy". No crying, no I can't live with you Mommy, don't leave. Nothing, Nada, Zilch. WOW.....raising independent boys is heartbreaking sometimes!
I've started a women's Bible Study for the women in my neighborhood. We just met for our 3rd week. It's been amazing so far. I love the study, it's called What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. I'm very excited to see what God does during these next few months.
We went hiking over Labor Day weekend with a few friends. We went to South Mtn State Park just outside of Charlotte. It was a strenuous but gorgeous hike. And we had so much fun! Didn't even mind getting up and out the door by 8:30AM on a weekday holiday! We hiked for several hours and the kids all played on the rocks in the river. We saw a beautiful waterfall. Ate a picnic lunch and then drove home.
I'm still working at the restaurant. Brian is still happily working at American Tire. We are gearing up for a fantastic, busy fall season. The weather has really changed to quite pleasant around here lately. Warm days, cool evenings, the leaves have a touch of yellow & gold already. I'm not ready for fall yet...but I'm definitely ready for the summer heat to be gone!
Speaking of work....I've gotta go there tonight so I need to end for now. Here's a few pics of what we've been up to.....

Our last night of vacation in New Bern NC...



Zachery and Daddy at the pool on Fathers Day.....
South Mountain Waterfall on Labor Day



Zachery's 1st Day of Preschool.....

No comments: