Monday, March 8, 2010

Amazing Grace


Did you automatically default to "how sweet the sound" after you read the title of the post?

**********

A super cool thing happened to me this morning. I was driving down I-77S here in NC, sort of zoning out on my drive, listening to the radio, bouncing all kinds of thoughts around in my head. And God showed up.

**********

I happened to look over and noticed one of those digital billboards. The word "available" was lit up across the span of the billboard, obviously indicating the space was available for advertising. As quickly as I turned my eyes back to the road, God said, "look again". So I glanced back and noticed that the logo of the advertising company was written across the top of the sign. It said, "GRACE".

**********

I read it all together.......

Grace, Available.

**********
It is you know. I heard it so clearly. Grace, it's available to you, to me, to everyone. Grace, God doing for us what we don't deserve. I don't deserve His love or friendship or kindness. But He longs to give it to me. And He longs for me to accept it.

**********

Now, that is amazing grace.

**********

And, unlike the billboard advertisement, we don't have to call a 1-800 number. God's amazing grace is always available. We simply have to call on His name. His ever present, never changing, extravagant grace is always available.

**********

Is there an issue in your life that you are afraid to face? Something that seems so terrible that you aren't sure if you'll ever get through it? Don't lose hope. God's grace, it's available. Run to it.

No comments: