Thursday, January 6, 2011

What Else Can I Do?

I was a broken, hurt, empty shell walking through life pretending everything was okay.

My mouth, my face, my actions would say "I'm doing great". But my heart, my emotions, my being was wandering stranded out in the desert of nothingness, searching for worth and purpose and life.

In one simple act of desperation.... "I can't go on like this anymore, please save me."

You rushed in.

You gently picked up my heart, put it back into my shell.

You extravagantly loved me...when I didn't even know what love was.

You filled my brokenness with hope.

You healed my hurt with your sweet love.

You showed me my value, my worth.

You said no longer will the outside lie about the inside.

You taught me how to trust by never failing me.

You delivered me from addiction.

You unlocked the cage around my life with forgiveness.

You brought freedom to my spirit by teaching me to forgive.

And still You take me further....it's not just fixing the broken.

It's crafting a new vessel.

You put dreams inside me.

You put belief that I can make a difference.

You say open your mind and your eyes, there's more, there's deep significance out there.

The broken, hurt, empty shell is no more.

What can I ever say or ever do to thank you or repay you?

Nothing.

What else can I do then, but offer this new heart, new life back to you?

What else can I do but be completely surrendered to You?



No comments: