Wednesday, April 6, 2011

You Are Worth It!


This is just a short little post to share something God put in my heart today.  He's so awesome!  It's so funny how we(well, maybe it's just me, who knows) need pages and pages of words to get our point across...But God, well, He only needs a few words!  Most of the time when He speaks to me, it's simple, it's direct and it cuts right to the core of what I need to hear. 

This morning in my quiet time, the to-do list was looming large out on the horizon.  I sincerely try to focus on just Him.  But I'm a woman---and my brain is a plate of spaghetti---lots of thoughts all tangled together in a big ole pile of stuff I must take care of.  Anyway, I read.  I pray.  I even write a little.  And start to get up out my chair.  But, I'm finally learning, don't leave so quickly Dawn!  So, I tell God I'm sorry for just spilling my guts all over the place and not even asking what's on His mind.  And then I ask.

He replies... You.  Which just makes me cry.  Look up, I hear.  I look up and there on my wall I see the painting of the cross that says "Worth It".  And He says... You were worth it.  And I know I was.  Because He tells me over and over and over again in the Bible.  But I have to stop myself from shaking my head, not wanting to accept it.  Again, quietly, You were worth it....all.  I'll never be able to explain why and I should just give up trying to understand it because He's the one who made the decision I was worth it.  And you were worth it.

I am worth it.  You are worth it.  And, I'll tell you exactly what He told me this morning as I sat there staring at the cross, trying to understand it and being amazed by it once again.  He said, You are worth it all.  Think about that today.  Instead of all the other stuff....think about this....You were worth it all.

Here's a couple of scriptures that came to mind as I was writing this:

I love you so much Jesus!

No comments: